Tuesday, June 7, 2011

One Week Anniversary

Be careful what you pray for, because you just might get it.

HAPPY ONE WEEK ANNIVERSARY! I've officially been here for a week. I still can't believe it. On one hand, it feels like I just stepped off the plane yesterday. On the other hand it feels as though I've spent a month exploring and networking. Today I thought it would be fun to recount my favorite memories of this week, some you've read about, some you haven't. So, in no particular order, here are my favorite parts of New York thus far.

1) A quiet rock in Central Park where I can sit and read Pride and Prejudice on my Nook while overlooking the city

2) A street fair I randomly stumbled upon on my way to Central Park to read my Nook that sold the most incredible red velvet cake double layer cookie i've ever tasted

3) Watching Glenn Close film a scene from Damages at Battery Park when all I really intended to do was see the Statue of Liberty

4) Being called to Mid-town from Battery Park to sign a confidentiality agreement for my FIRST TEMP JOB! I would love to tell you more, but I signed a confidentiality agreement ;)

5) The Metropolitan Museum of Art Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty Exibit with my (2nd?/1st once removed?) Cousin

6) Realizing (at the MET) while looking at Monet's Water Lillies that at this time last year I was looking at the same artwork in Giverny, France at Monet's gardens.

7) A fabulous Monday night Bible Study with some fantastic women from Central Presbyterian

8) Spiderman: Turn off the Dark - Act 2... Act 1 was miserable. Act 2 blew my mind... and I only had to pay $30 to see it

9) Successfully conquering the Bus system after the "Queens Incident"

10) MTV Movie Awards/Teen Wolf preview with my neighbor Kathryn as we watched her gorgeous face light up the screen for at least 6 seconds (she was an extra in Teen Wolf... We screamed)

11) Dylan's Candy Bar interview

12) Disney Store in Times Square

13) Pretending to be a Juilliard student and getting a library card at the New York Public Library for Performing Arts

14) 10 floors of Bloomingdales

15) Walking around and simply looking up.

I'm sure there are some things I have forgotten, and I hope to cover them in more detail in the next few days. I've been so blessed this week with so many answered prayers and opportunites. As you probably know, I like to keep busy, and New York has definitely proven to have plenty of ways to keep me on my toes.

Grace be with you,
Lindsey Shea

No comments:

Post a Comment